Petroleum Development Oman EOR plant
GlassPoint has built the Gulf region’s first solar Enhanced Oil Recovery project in Southern Oman for the country’s national oil company, Petroleum Development Oman (PDO). PDO, owned by the Sultanate of Oman, Royal Dutch Shell, Total, and Partex, is responsible for over 70% of the country’s crude oil production.
The project began construction in 2011 and was commissioned in late 2012. Spanning more than four acres, the 7 MWt system will produce 11 tons of steam per hour which will be injected into the existing steam distribution network.
- Peak energy: 7 MWt
- Average steam output: 50 tons per day
- Peak steam output: 11 tons per hour
- Steam pressure: 100 bar
- Steam quality: 80% saturated
- Glasshouse dimensions: 96mx180mx6m
- Land area: 1.7 hectares
- Mirror dimensions: 7.5m x 178 m
- Cleaning system: Fully robotic with 90% water recapture