Cranfield University invites you to the opening of the Global CSP Laboratory - The UK Centre for Concentrating Solar Thermal Manufacturing
Cranfield University’s ‘Global CSP Laboratory’ is the home of an internationally recognised research and manufacturing team working on Concentrating Solar Power (CSP) and Solar Thermal (ST) technologies and their applications. We are the largest CSP research activity in the UK and the only UK representative on the EERA (European Energy Research Alliance) Joint Committee on CSP.
The Global CSP Laboratory is sponsored by the UK company ‘Global CSP’ - who develop, design, and manufacture components and systems for concentrating solar power applications worldwide.
This event will showcase Cranfield’s current research in CSP and ST technologies and will include tours of the Global CSP Laboratory and associated facilities.
- Opening ceremony will commence at 13:00 in Precision Engineering Institute, Building 90
- Followed by Lunch in the Vincent Building at 13:30
- Tours depart from the Vincent Building at 14:30.
Cranfield University is located at the very heart of the UK – within the innovation triangle between London and the cities of Oxford and Cambridge.
Our central location provides easy access from the M1, excellent main line rail service as well as proximity to key international airports. Set in rolling countryside, Cranfield offers a rich, rural landscape complemented by thriving towns and picturesque villages.
- Road: We are just 10 minutes from Junctions 13 and 14 of the M1 motorway. There is free parking on campus.
- Rail: Milton Keynes or Bedford
- Air: London Luton (22 miles), Heathrow (50 miles) or Birmingham (70 miles).