Short-Term Course Content
Venue: IIT Jodhpur Campus
Title: Design of Concentrated Solar Thermal Systems
This short-term course aims to provide the basic technical knowledge and understanding for the design of solar thermal systems to M.Tech. and PhD students. These students are expected to participate in the following international workshop on Design of sub-systems for CSP Technologies to be held from 19 – 21 December 2013.
Solar field design (3 hrs.)
- Optical modeling and design of solar field.
- Solar radiation measurement, assessment, and prediction.
Receiver design (3 hrs.)
- Line focusing.
- Point focusing.
Steam generation/condensation cycle (5 hrs.)
- Fundamentals of boiling and condensation.
- Steam generator design.
- Steam turbine design.
- Introduction to vapor absorption refrigeration systems (2 hrs.).
- Thermodynamic design of solar thermal plant (2 hrs.)
The audience will comprise of M.Tech. and PhD students.
The faculty will primarily comprise of Indian experts. Invited speakers for the international workshop on Design of sub-systems for CSP Technologies may also teach in this short-term course.